Software for Simple Knowledge Organisation Systems#
Main use cases#
- creation: top-down and/or bottom-up collection of concepts with their labels and translations;
- organisation: linking concepts together (hierarchies, related) and linking concepts and data (indexing);
- distribution: push/pull the Knowledge Organisation System to/by the applications and their users;
- search: by words, along links;
- applications: using the information is more and more "social": users may enrich the original knowledge and track how evolutions are accepted by the community.
A fantastic drawing software! Now integrated in ASKOSI...
RDF Browser : Quick and Dirty RDF browser by University of Southampton#
Direct XML marshalling and unmarshalling of ConceptScheme and Concept classes (ConceptScheme XSD).
Integrating SQL Databases and Java development.
Well structured development of efficient Web applications.
Jersey (JSR 311):#
REST Interface for Create/Retrieve/Update/Delete of concepts and concepts maintenance workflow.
OpenRDF Sesame and AliBaba:#
- We use their SparQL client
- Following this article, Sesame can store information about RDF Statements and be used to query about meta-metadata: information about UPDATING RDF statements (or SKOS statements).
Following this message it is interesting to see how to parameterize SIMILE to browse SKOS/RDF files
It may be interesting to crawl specific websites and record which Concepts are referred by which pages and make this accessible in ASKOSI Concept usage displays. A Thesaurus driven index of specific sites...