JITA in ASKOSI#
The goals of this experiment are multiple:
- to provide tooling for JITA maintenance by hosting the proposed new version of JITA and the status of each concept (published, new, change, deprecate).
- to help index E-LIS
- to help search in E-LIS
Indexing E-LIS using JITA in ASKOSI:#
- You open the document to index on one half of the screen, you open http://www.destin.be/scheme/view.jsp?everything=yes&scheme=jita&display=concepts#concepts on the other.
- You can use the search box or explore the JITA hierarchies and concepts.
- You select the desired concept by clicking the "caddy" (ASKOSI is friendly for shopping addicts!).
- You deselect a concept by clicking again the "caddy".
- In the upper right corner, the "caddy" can be clicked to look at its content.
- Just at the right of this button, you can click to get the "caddy" content ready to be pasted in another application.
Problem is that E-LIS DSpace is not ready yet to receive multiple subjects pasted in one shot: stay tuned!
Meanwhile, I am interested by your feedback about the ergonomy of this function.
Searching E-LIS using JITA in ASKOSI:#
- You put in your caddy the concepts you would like to search.
- In the upper right corner, the "caddy" is then clicked to look at its content...
- A button is available "Search in E-LIS": just click it...
- A separate window opens with E-LIS and a search with all the chose concepts "ORed"
- In the E-LIS search equation box, just remove the "OR" and eventually add parenthesis if you want other boolean combinations.
The same is available whith AgroVoc and AGRIS...