Welcome to the initiative of the E-LIS community to improve JITA !#
JITA is the vocabulary to index and search in the E-LIS Open Repository.
Part of ASKOSI Wiki is dedicated to the JITA classification itself: those Wiki pages are interlinked with the JITA classification as it is stored in the ASKOSI software. The community of JITA users and maintainers are invited to register to this Wiki and to contribute their observation, examples, suggestions in the pages dedicated each individual JITA concepts.
For instance the JITA entry "Relationship of library and information science with other fields such as computing and communication science and cognitive science" as the permanent code THCO.
It can be examined in ASKOSI software, looking at http://www.destin.be/askosi/concept.jsp?concept=jita(underline)THCO
It can be commented and discussed by pressing there the button "Concept Discussion" or by going at the jita(underline)THCO page in this Wiki.
Languages (tr, el, nl, cs, fr, it, ro, ca, pt, pl, es, en, ar, sv, ru):#
- The language of ASKOSI software interface is english only for now.
- The language of ASKOSI Wiki User interface is the one you select in "My Preferences" (link at the upper right corner).
- The language of vocabulary terms displayed in both programs, is the one you select has your prefered language in your browser configuration. JITA is in so many languages: enjoy !
- JITA on FAO AIMS:
- JITA in ASKOSI experiment: Jita in Askosi
- Recommended Reading for potential contributors: JITA Bibliography
- Improving JITA
- Mapping to LinkedData (LOD):
- JITA is used to organize E-LIS collections
- Nearly two third of JITA has been mapped to DDC by Mathias Loesch at University of Bielefeld: Project presentation, Article
- Manual mapping of suitable JITA concepts to DBpedia and Docupedia are being done manually by the community: this Wiki could be used
- Those mappings will be included as LinkedData in JITA SKOS/RDF and will be improved as a part of JITA Maintenance project.
- Integration of JITA Maintenance Wiki with JITA (one page per JITA concept or proposed concept)
- We now have the same tools than Belgium Poison Centre. Example: http://www.askosi.org/example/SAQ.pdf
- SAQ is for "Sometime Asked Questions", the name of Belgium Poison Centre Wiki.
- There can be one page (and only one) for each concept in the thesauri (plants, animals, substances,...).
- Each page begins with a table situating the concept in its thesaurus. Here we learn that "Vipera Berus":
- is a kind of "Vipera SP",
- has to related concepts (the antibodies and the extracts)
- has four narrower concepts
- is discussed in 24 scientific articles (clicking on terms brings to the whole thesaurus entry where one can ask for a schema).